Immuno-Oncology Aims and Scope
Immuno-Oncology Insights is a new, Open Access, independently peer reviewed journal specifically designed to fill a number of clear, crucial gaps in the current slate of publications for the academic and industrial immuno-oncology communities.Through its review- and commentary-style article formats, I-O Insights will place challenges and progress in a variety of I-O technology fields and modalities in context, collating recent data/approaches and providing much-needed perspective on what they actually mean - both for each given area’s own prospects and future directions, and for the I-O field as a whole.I-O Insights will share the learnings and insights of acknowledged, experienced academic and industry experts and KOLs from across the field to help guide future approaches to addressing the myriad challenges they and others face.I-O Insights will span the checkpoint inhibitor antibody, bispecific antibody, ADC, virotherapy, cancer vaccine and cellular immunotherapy fields (not an exhaustive list) and will examine these distinct technology areas and approaches both individually and collectively, offering cross-learnings as well as benchmarking and competitive analysis opportunities.10 Key Themes for year 1:
- Clinical development strategy: Following the clinical success of the first wave of checkpoint inhibitors, what will move the needle again in terms of combinations in I-O?
- Understanding and overcoming mechanisms of tumor resistance: Assessing the prospects of various methods to model and modify the tumor microenvironment (TME)
- Bioprocessing/CMC trends, tools and techniques for complex protein therapeutics: Are next-gen biopharma manufacturing solutions driving the required improvements in process and product robustness?
- Hunting for better biomarkers of response: Where is real progress being made in understanding why patients do and don’t respond to I-O therapeutics?
- Leveraging cutting edge tools to convert I-O data into knowledge: How recent advances in bioinformatics and other technological innovation is driving the future of I-O discovery and development
- Boosting value and affordability: securing the commercial future of I-O therapies: Cost of goods control and clinical/HTA strategies for market access success
- Addressing lingering safety issues for I-O product candidates in development: Learning more about the mechanisms of adverse reactions and how to deal with them
- Next gen I-O approaches – what will follow the PD-1s? Analyzing the preclinical and clinical data generated to date for key emerging modalities to provide both pointers and remaining obstacles to success in solid tumors
- Enhancing preclinical predictivity: What is going wrong between preclinical in vitro/in vivo and clinical in vivo settings?
- Modelling the I-O manufacturing facilities of tomorrow: How to increase their efficiency, flexibility and productivity in line with expected future trends in supply and demand?
I-O Insights will provide a unique combination of detailed, practically valuable technical content and ‘big-picture’ trends analysis. Your days of missing meaningful expert assessment of the true significance of individual pieces of I-O data and technology are over!